Feature Articles or Presentations with Zinnware
- February 21, 2014 - BSA 2014 Klondike Derby's "Experience the Traditions of Scouting" Station: 2010-2014 Geocaching and GPS. This was for the Battlefield and Susquehanna Trail districts of the New Birth of Freedom Council.
- April 2013 - Boy Scouts of America - Battlefield District Spring Camporee – Night Time Geocaching Challenge Event
- June 10, 2012 - Partner of the "National Get Outdoors Day". Geocaching presentation at Kings Gap Environmental Center.
- May 5, 2011: Geocaching Merit Badge Presentation to Blue and Grey District of the Boy Scouts of America
- March 29, 2009:
Zinnware (with the assistance of Geometeacher) teaches the process and techniques of Geocaching as part of the "Personal Enrichment" program at Carroll Community College.
- June 29, 2008: Geocaching presentation at Kings Gap Environmental Center
- November 17, 2007: Geocaching Presentaiton assisting "gnbrotz" at "Super Saturday" event at the Chambersburg Area Middle School.
- August 19, 2007:
Read "Pennsylvania's DCNR (Department of Conservation and Natural Resources) announcement of an upcomming Kings Gap Environmental Center event to educate GPS users about Geocaching
- November 1, 2006: Geocaching Presentation to New Oxford Middle School Activity Class
- May 7, 2006:
Read "Carroll County Times Article (northern Maryland) about
Geocaching in Carroll County Parks
- July, 2005:
Read "Random House's Company Newsletter Article about Zinnware's
- June 25, 2005: Geocaching Presentation at BSA Camp Conewago for Cub Scout Pack 103
- March, 2004: read Todays
Cacher article about backpacking in Arizona. Featuring Zinnware's
Anasazi Ruins cache.
- November 9, 2003: Read
"The Evening Sun" article about Geocaching which features
- January 15, 2003: Geocaching Presentation to "The Globe Club".
- 2003 Presentation to the Hanover Area Lions Club (Pennsylvania)
Special Stats for Zinnware:
Results exclude failed to find (DNF) attempts.
7/29/2010 - 100,000 miles - This "Hit the Bullseye" making this the 2742 cache found. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=a76314c4-1014-400c-b629-e00ee7863031 is a special cache for me since it marks a significant milestone. I finally hit the 100,000 mile mark for cache-to-cache distance (100,096 to be exact) . It only took me 9 years of caching including traveling to 26 US States and 13 countries.
12/31/2011 - 117,511 Miles with 3010 caches and an average distance between caches at 39.04 miles.
12/31/2012 - 134,796 Miles with 3132 caches and an average distance of 43.03 miles between caches. Average distance between 122 caches for 2012: 141.68 miles.
12/31/2013 - 151,078 Miles with 3214 caches and an average distance of 47.00 miles between caches. Average distance between 82 caches for 2013: 199.14
DNF Stats (Did not Find)
As of 12/31/2013:
6.29% or 216 Total DNFs of 3430 find attempts
2.39% DNFs were the result of missing caches
3.18% of DNFs were the result of being out smarted by the hider.
All other DNFs 0.73% are the result of a valid reason for not finding the cache that was there. (Muggles in the area, coordinates off by more than 60 feet, less than 10 minute search.)